Sunday, November 29, 2009

New York's 23rd District

I know I've been gone for awhile, so sorry about that. But let's get back. Recently, local elections took place and caused a great deal of excitement for some. There were wins and losses and both sides, but perhaps one large win was with the democrats in New York's 23rd District which has been held by the Republicans since the early 1900s. I'm not going to say it was a fantastic win, because the conservative candidate was pretty weak, but at the same time, many had stated that the election was a slam dunk for conservatives and had no worries. Wrong.

Many have also said that these elections have been a large loss for President Obama. Why? Some governorships were lost, some were won. Who cares? Many of the congressional seats will be up for reelection again in 2010. No worries, mate. The future still looks good ahead. Also since the health care reform has passed both houses, and now fewer steps are left, it's going to be hard to really do something about it. It looks like right now all those tea parties and "protests" were gone to waste. But then again, don't they always? I mean, when has a protest actually been successful recently? I can think of few. But for now, let's stick with the big issue: the win in NY. Congrats!

7 comments:

  1. Offense every bit intended, your gloating makes me sick.

    Don't expect me to respond to anything else on here, as I have said on Carpe Noctem, I am finished with you, and done following.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Einar. It was a big deal, even if you were a republican. And their gloating made me sick too. The only difference is that I didn't become so "digusted" that I backed down as you did. Plus, I really didn't gloat too much. If pointing out facts and reasons why this was a big win is "gloating" to you, then you my friend have been gloating a bit yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting post, Alex. Glad to hear the good news. Although I don't see the triumph of Republicans as losses, affective or not. Both the parties need each other. That's the wonder of America's Democratic system. (Yes, I know it's not technically Democratic.) But good post.

    Since Einar isn't read this blog anymore, I'm free to say what I've always intended to:

    I don't see why Einar and Bard have bothered to read your posts. It seems they only stick around to make snide remarks and clearly expressed disapproval. I can't say you have been peaceful in return, but you are far less blunt, more open-minded, and you rarely, if ever, start the arguments. Thank you for that and I think the one...who I previously mentioned have well-earned my

    Good riddance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still here. I can't speak for Einar, but I check out Alex's Blog from time to time because I enjoy discussing ideas.

    As long as we are being so free to say what we always wanted to...I think that Alex has been every bit as blunt or snide, if not more so.

    It seems that when anyone doesn't accept what Alex says as absolute truth they are labeled as rude. Well, I can live with that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your comment was a total contradiction of itself. Almost comical, actually.

    And no, Bard. You got the wrong idea from what I said. Your beliefs, (which are basically the completely opposite of Alex's, but that doesn't really matter) are not the problem. Your behavior is.

    We are granted free speech as a natural right. Is it okay, then, to be rude, sarcastic, and disrespectful to the actual host of this blog?

    No.

    My beliefs differ from Alex's--more than you might expect. Do I act like you do? No, not exactly.

    Please, please, please. Just be nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Bard. I was involved in a comment debate with Alex and I believe you, Christopher, on Carpe Noctem. I'm not going to say what I want to say, that would be un-Christian.

    But I'm siding with Bard, if that says anything.

    And I was campaigning in Virginia for the REPUBLICAN candidates who SWEPT the Governor, LT Governor, and Attorney General races.

    Just saying that was a great victory for Conservatism.

    GOD BLESS AMERICA! AMERICA, BLESS GOD YOUR CREATOR!

    JT
    Warrior of the Light

    ReplyDelete
  7. How was my comment a contradiction of itself?

    I strive not to be rude and disrespectful to Alex. I may be sarcastic here and there, but even that I try to limit. I do not mind asking him to back his statements up with evidence or at least some logic, I don't see that as less than nice.

    I do not presume to know what either of your beliefs are, I respond to what you say.

    ReplyDelete